Come work with HeartWood for the summer!
• Are you passionate about working with and supporting youth?
• Do you have great organizational and program facilitation skills?
• Are you interested in enhancing your learning about community youth development?
HeartWood Centre for Community Youth Development is looking for a Summer Program Outreach Facilitator for a 14-week contract position starting on May 26, 2014 to August 29, 2014.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Outreach Facilitator will assist HeartWood with the promotion, outreach, design, facilitation, support and evaluation of our Skills2Action program. This program is for youth aged 15 – 17 who want to build their leadership skills and take action within their own community. This program will take place over the summer with two weekend retreats for youth participants along with on-going support from HeartWood staff. The successful candidate will be expected to learn HeartWood’s approach to community youth development.
- Previous youth leadership facilitation experience
- Great communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A working knowledge of computers
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Candidate MUST currently be a full-time student returning to school full-time in the fall, be between the ages of 15 and 30, and be a Canadian citizen.
- A Child Abuse Registry and Police Records Check will be required.
- Knowledge of HeartWood’s approach to working with youth (e.g. HeartWood’s Framework for Community Youth Development)
- Experience with supporting youth to take action and/or be their best
- Promotion or marketing skills/experience
- Website or graphic design knowledge or experience
- First Aid, Wilderness and Remote First Aid and/or any Canoe Levels
- Valid driver’s license
Applications are due March 21st, 2014. Please note: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Salary is $12.00/hour, 35hrs/week.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to: Rena Kulczycki via: Email: rena(at)heartwood(dot)ns(dot)ca;
Mail: 5516 Spring Garden Road, Suite 202, Halifax, NS, B3J 1G6;
or Fax: (902) 444-3140.